Will I be attended by a qualified professional?
- RoyaMassarrat, director of ConsulTerapia, is a gradúate in psychology from the University of Barcelona (1990)
- Member of Official Association of Psychologists of Catalonia, reference 7843
- Member of the European psychotherapist association
- Member of the FEAP
- Member of the Catalan Society of Family Therapy
- Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences and Healthcare of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands
- Member of the Brainspotting Spain association
She has vast experience both with national and foreign patients, having carried out part of her professional career outside Spain.
Frequency of the visits:
The frequency of the visits dependo n the sort of treatment, the objectives which are layed out and the needs of each person.
Each phase of the therapy has its own rythm: the first session is 90 minutes long and the rest 60 minutes. Generally, the frequency is usually weekly. At the end of the therapy process sessions can be spaced out to every two weeks and finally carry out follow-up sessions.
What techniques do you use?
Techniques of systemic psychotherapy, integrative humanistic and behavioural, as well as new neurophysiological techniques.
- Systemic techniques: The hemogram, circular questions, the relational analysis, the sculpture, the psycho-educational interventions, psychodrama, etc.
- Humanistic techniques: Gestalt, transactional analysis, positive energy, focusing, art therapy, training in relaxation and/or self-control.
- Behavioural techniques: Analysis of the thought and behavioural interventions.
Neurofisiological techniques: Brainspotting
What happens if I need to cancel a visit?
You must notify us with 48 hours in advance so that we may allocate that hour to another person who needs it. In any case, in order to properly continue with the established work plan it is preferable to change a session rather than cancelling it.
What can I expect in the first visit?
In the first session we explore the problema and see what implications does it have in the patient and its impact in his life. We will then see what solutions have been tried up until this momento and we shall define the objective which we want to accomplish.
What is the duration of the treatments?:
The duration of a process can vary greatly, as it depends on various factors. Amongst these factors we can highlight: the complexity and the type of problem, the clients motivation and the objectives which are layed out.
In what we talk about confidential?
Psychotherapy is an interpersonal process, between the patient and the psychologist, destined to help carry out changes in his life, at a personal, professional and family level. The psychologist is involved from the base of respect to the patient and from the confidentiality of all that is spoken in the sessions.
If I wish to, may I invite my spouse or my parents to a session?
Indeed, not only is it possible, but even encouraged in some cases. We usually recommend to include in the therapy a sessions of one’s spouse or family therapy in case this intervention may help in the patient’s process.
We consider the couple or the family as a resource of emotional support for our patient and if they are willing to help and collaborate, the process accelerates and improves rapidly. For example:
- When there are couple problems which are influencing on the patients depression or anxiety.
- If the family can help to process the mourning of the death of a loved one.
- If the family can be a source a contention and structure in moments of acute crisis