Counselling for foreigners – Cultural shock
Difficulty in adapting
If you are a foreigner in this country, or if you live in a city in which you feel different or have difficulties adapting, you can seek advice from Consulterapia on how to gradually and safely accommodate to your new surroundings.
If you are someone who has travelled a great deal or have lived in different countries or cultures, it is important that you seek advice from a psychologist that can understand you, comprehend the cultural issue that you bring to the session with an integrated trans-cultural perspective.
We, due to our trans-cultural experience, have been able to develop a very profound and at the same time extensive experience about the expatriate community which moves through different countries.
What can we help you with in Counselling for foreigners?
In Consulterapia we use transcultural counselling to help foreigners who are having difficulties in adapting to the new culture or who are feeling intense conflicts with regard to their travels.
What could some of these problems be?
- Cultural shock
- Anxiety and stress because of the required changes for the new situation
- Anger or even hate toward the culture in which you have started living in
- Grieving for your own country, or your original family back home
- Depression or Ulises syndrome
- Moods swings
- Prejudices and/or discrimination
- Difficulties in communicating
- Lack of motivation
- Professional difficulties
- How to manage stress in a new city, country
- Finding a partner in a new culture
- Trailer spouses