Counselling in parenting abilities
What can we help you with Counselling on parenting skills?
In the Counselling of parenting skills we can help you in all issues related with child upbringing, education, guidance and emotional accompaniment of your children.
In CONSULTERAPIA, we are dedicated to supporting families in the difficult labour of educating children and helping them in their academic, emotional and spiritual path. For them, we also offer courses on parenting skills for schools, parent school councils and other institutions which are working with families who have kids or adolescents.
Some of the most common issues are:
- Create a loving relationship with your children: secure attachment
- Relationship with your baby
- What can I do if my baby won’t stop crying?
- Separation anxiety
- Attachment difficulties
- Sleeping disorders
- Eating disorders: child obesity or inapetence
- The relationship with the grandparents and the extended family
- Children and divorce
- My children’s relationship with my new spouse
- My children’s relantionship with my new partner’s children (re-constituted families)
- Depression in children and teenagers
- Aggressiveness between brothers
- Children with attention déficit ADHD
- Anxiety in children
- When children learn to lie
- Shyness and lack of self-esteem
- Mi daughter is intelectually gifted
- The death of a loved one. How to explain it to the children?
- Traumas and infancy
- How to protect your children from sexual predators?
- How to educate children spiritually?
- How to develop communication skills with children?
- Methodic training of the character
- Resilience: How do kids learn to manage crisis and difficulties in life
- Kids and videogames
Potential of children
In CONSULTERAPIA, we believe that kids are like mines full of gems of incalculable value, and only through an affective upbringing and an emotional as well as intellectual education, can we discover these jewels, polish them and make the shine for the good of humanity. Our kids have been born with all potentialities inherent in them, and it is we as parent who must help them, motivate them and guide them to develop each and every one of these potentialities to their maximum possibilities.
The responsability of the parents.
The task of being a parent is without a doubt the hardest and most complicated one in this world, apart from the professional jobs for which they have prepared us for years. We haven’t received any systematic and explicit training of how to be parents, how to be good parents and how to manage the different roles which we have in life, without being negligent with our role as parents.
However, our work as parents of our children will be crucial in the emotional and intellectual formation of the beings which we most love. It is because of that, that it is important the we educate ourselves in the difficult while at the same time enriching task of being a parent.
During the upbringing of the children, there usually is a great number of doubts and problems for which we need professional advice, as traditional conceptions on child rearing and education have proved not be healthy nor effective to create good habits, stimulate their self-esteem and motivate them to achieve in their studies.
Let’s bear in mind that each family is different, each kid is different and unique within this family, so there is no magic formula other tan LOVE and acceptance and respect for the diversity of each member of the family.
As we see, in order to be parents we need to be creative, flexible and above all lovable with our children. All children need comprehension, compassion, affection, motivation and consistency, as well as kind and respectful limits. These are the building blocks with which we will build the identity of our kids.